Camping space at the St. Elias Convention Centre is restricted to self-contained RV units only. No tents or RV’s without waste water holding tanks. There are no hook-ups. Overnight parking is not allowed at the Centre or on the adjacent streets. Dogs must be on leash and, yes, cleaning up after Fido is mandatory.
Camping space at the St. Elias Convention Centre is limited and available only when each occupant over age 12 holds a Festival Pass. Priority will be given to:
- Festival Patrons with mobility issues and displaying a current handicap parking permit,
- Super Pass holders,
- Yukon Bluegrass Music Society members
If you have priority access and want to camp at St. Elias, you must contact us before May 15 to reserve a spot.
All others will be accommodated on a space available basis. No RV’s will be admitted to the Festival site until noon on Friday.
If St. Elias is full, do not despair! There are lots of great options nearby:
- Fas Gas RV: Easy walking distance, partial hook-ups. “Little Green Apple” grocery store, ATM. 867-634-2505. Reservations accepted and encouraged.
- Kluane RV Campground: Easy walking distance, full hook-ups. Tent sites also available. 867-634-2709. Reservations accepted and encouraged.
- Pine Lake Territorial Campground: No hook-ups but spacious and treed. Campfires allowed. A 10 km. drive from the Festival. No reservations.
- Kathleen Lake Campground: 26 km. south in Kluane National Park. No hook-ups. Pit toilets, hand pumped water, but spectacular view! Campfires require a permit. No reservations.
For hotels, motels, cabin rentals and B & B’s, go to the Haines Junction website.
Need a ride to or from the festival? Introducing YukonRideshare.com: a new, online ride-sharing service that can connect you with friends and neighbours, so you can carpool together and share the ride.
PLEASE NOTE: This year we will be happy to accept your favourite plastique card for all your Festival purchases!