Hello dear patrons!

You may be aware that there is currently a forest fire (Bear Creek fire) burning 9 km north of the Village of Haines Junction. We are monitoring this situation very closely as we approach festival time. Yukon Government is actioning this fire intensively.

There are no evacuation alerts or notices for the village of Haines Junction, and the organizers are still proceeding with the plan to hold the festival in beautiful Haines Junction. We are also, however, currently developing contingency plans to move the festival to Whitehorse should the situation change. We will gather more information over the weekend and will be in a position to make a more firm decision about the festival location on Monday. Until then, please understand that we are doing everything possible to ensure that the festival is delivered in a manner that does not compromise the public safety of patrons, volunteers, and Haines Junction residents.

The winds are favorable, there is some rain in the forecast, and there are phenomenal professionals working tirelessly to keep the blaze away from the village. Join us in applauding their efforts! We will update the situation early next week, so stay tuned here for more information.

Thank you!