Tickets, accessibility and pets
Do you sell day passes?
Unfortunately, no. However this year we are selling a limited number of Flex Passes. These passes are purchased as a 3-ticket bundle, one ticket for each day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). The purchaser can use the individual tickets as suits her/his needs, to share with family or friends. Each ticket in the bundle is redeemed for a different single-day wristband.
Do you have children, youth or senior’s discounts?
Children under 12 are admitted free of charge, otherwise one must purchase one of the passes.
Are there any public events?
Yes, indeed. There will be several workshops, a slow-jam led by society volunteers and a showcase /open mic stage, all free to the public. There will be a public family dance on Saturday evening, free to the public. The Sunday Gospel show is open to the public with admission by donation (all proceeds to the church).
Is there wheelchair access?
The two main concert venues – St. Elias Convention Centre and St. Christopher’s Anglican Church – can accommodate patrons who have wheelchairs.
Can I bring my pet?
Only service dogs are allowed in the venues.
Accommodation, food and drink
Where can I stay while I am attending the festival?
Festival weekend is a busy time and accommodations book up very quickly. Be sure to make your reservations early. For a listing of local accommodations check out the Village of Haines Junction accommodations page.
There are a variety of camping options in and near Haines Junction.
- Haines Junction FasGas and RV Park – (in town) – (867) 634-2505 Easy walking distance, partial hook-ups. “Little Green Apple” grocery store, ATM. Reservations accepted and encouraged.
- Kluane RV Kampground (in town) – (867) 634-2709 – Easy walking distance. Tent sites also available.
- Pine Lake Territorial Campground – (6.5 km north) – No hook-ups but spacious and treed. Campfires allowed. No reservations.
- Kathleen Lake Campground, Kluane National Park – (27.5 km south) – No hook-ups. Pit toilets, hand pumped water, but spectacular view! Campfires require a permit. No reservations.
Where can I eat while I am attending the festival?
- For a listing of local dining spots check out the Village of Haines Junction dining page.
- The festival has its own food concession – the Bluegrass Café – in the St. Elias Convention Centre.
Do you have alcohol sales on the festival site?
We do not have the traditional festival “beer garden”. However wine and beer service will be available at our Bluegrass Café food concession. Alcohol cannot be taken in to the performance hall of the St. Elias Convention Centre.
Performer and vendor questions
I am a food vendor, are you accepting applications?
We are not taking applications for food vendors for the festival weekend.
I am a performer, are you accepting applications?
Our visiting headline performers are curated by our Artistic Director, and already chosen for the 2019 festival. For Northern performers, we have a submission page. Submissions are open on Dec 1, 2018 and close January 31, 2019. Chosen performers will be notified by mid-February.