We are in the midst of challenging and uncertain times. The board of the Yukon Bluegrass Music Society has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, both nationally and internationally.
At a meeting on March 25, the board made the sad and difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Kluane Mountain Bluegrass Festival which was scheduled for June 12 to 14. Based on current medical information on the progress of the COVID19 pandemic, it appears that the situation is not likely to resolve itself for several months. There is no way of knowing when the current restrictions on travel and large gatherings will be lifted, making it impossible for us to plan and present the festival.
We realize there will be many questions arising from this decision. Please review the FAQ below as you will find the answers to your questions there. We will also be reaching out, by phone and email, to our supporters, sponsors, artists and contractors to discuss plans and options moving forward.
Yes, all ticket holders will be provided a full refund. If you purchased your ticket online you will receive a refund direct to the credit card you used to purchase the ticket(s). If you purchased a hard-copy ticket from Well Read Books in Whitehorse or The Little Green Apple in Haines Junction we will be contacting you by phone or email to arrange for the refund. In terms of when the refund will be issued... please be patient, but we do hope to take care of all refunds within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Yes, you will be contacted about a refund. This may take a bit longer as we have to collect the ticket books from the businesses, and some of those businesses are closed due to public health measures. We ask for your patience on this matter.
You will be contacted in the next couple of weeks to discuss options for returning your generous donation or carrying it over to the next year's festival.
You will be contacted by our Artistic Director shortly regarding the next steps.